Autumn’s Adventures

Looking Ahead
September 4, 2009, 12:04 am
Filed under: Travel | Tags:

I think I have a good balance when it comes to going with the flow of life but also being a planner.  I always have a plan, I never go with the flow aimlessly.  I think that a daily approach to going with the flow is healthy so long as you have a bigger goal in mind.  This past month I found myself goal-less as I reach the end of my first experience in Argentina.  The closer I get to being in the US, the less I see myself coming back to Argentina for more than a few months.  It is not that I want to stay in the US but if there is an opportunity for me there and I am happy there I would stay.

I’m actually more interested in doing more traveling to other countries.  After returning from Peru all I could think about was seeing more countries.  Something just woke up inside my brain saying “Autumn what the hell are you doing trying to settle down in a 3rd world country without any real reason?”  So I wised up and started thinking about my possibilities.
Since I will be going to Europe in January for a month and a half, I decided to treat it more as a research vacation to see whether or not I would like to move there next summer or fall.  I haven’t seen much of Europe at all and if I lived there for a year I could see a whole bunch of really awesome countries.  If I missed home it wouldn’t be so time consuming, expensive and hard to get home from Europe. I could go home for the holidays no problem.

I’d still like to continue doing the freelance work I do but I know it will not sustain me in Europe so I want to take on some other work that allows me to keep doing what I do for IHS.  Any suggestions that anyone has would be really helpful.  I’m open to working in a restaurant, bar or cafe.  I’d even work in retail.  I just want the flexibility to be able to tell my job “hey, I need to find someone to cover me this week so I can take a trip to X country.”  So please email me your ideas.
I’m also entertaining the possibility of living in Nepal for 3 months, doing a massage training school and volunteering.  The world is so full of possibilities, sometimes it can be overwhelming but I love it.
More to come on this subject when I know more.  Please please please let me know of any opportunities in other countries!  I’m open! I’m a traveling machine!

Advertisements

7 Comments so far

Hmmm… Sure lots of folks would love to trade what they’re up to for what you’re doing Auto – not content with the status quo. Reminds me of the line from Fight Club “You are not your khakis.”

Though you need some coin to survive you don’t need too much (as you know more than most). I’d just advocate trying to lessen your expenditures as much as possible. If you work at a restaurant or something you’d get some coin (I’m sure you’d get good tips!) and food.

Or there’s always the worlds oldest profession… I’m sure you could take a week every now and then if needed:)

Comment by Pete Eyre

Comment by Pete Eyre

Chica,

Write a book, or bundle your blog to make your extra money. I really think you can do that! With the title: I am in my twenties…to many things to choose! And write everything about what you do, so that other people have the possibility to think over their thoughts.
I’m glad to see you soon, well in some month’s..but I’ll see you!

I will email you soon for an update…I’ve got a lot to tell!

chau! Anika

Comment by Hanneke

Chica,

I’m glad to see you soon, well in some month’s..but I’ll see you!

I will email you soon for an update…I’ve got a lot to tell!

chau! Anika

Comment by Hanneke

haha oh petey. Yeah I do feel fortunate that I can live my life exactly how I want to — with the freedom to decide that I can pack up my things and go virtually anywhere (minus Cuba and a few others). I’ve always been this way, ever since I could remember. While other kids were daydreaming about being firefighters and doctors, I was daydreaming about what was on the other side of the world and what size shovel I would need to dig my way through the earth to get there (thanks to Looney Tunes).

Anyway, I’m not too worried about how I’ll make enough money. You are right, I don’t need much to survive and I don’t care if I make a lot of money. I just want to make enough to be able to do the things I want to do without thinking about or worrying about my budget.

Comment by admin

Hey Mi amor!

I have thought about turning my blog into a book or focusing more on how I do what I do. It is a good idea and I’ll have to figure out the best way to do it.

I can’t wait for your email. Please send me one soon! And include your mailing address because I want to send you something!

hugs and love.